2020 Fall Registration Guide (Due date for additional application: Sept. 18, 2020 )
● Due date for submission of application form: Friday, August 28, 2020 at noon(12:00 p.m.)
● Due date for additional submission of application form: Friday, September 18, 2020 at noon(12:00 p.m.)
● Place of submission:
Office of Tokyo Tech Academy for Super Smart Society (Room.213, South Bldg. 3, Ookayama campus)
※To prevent infection of COVID-19, we would like to receive documents via e-mail. Please send the application form and required documents (PDF file) to the email address below.
● Application form: Please download from here → word,pdf
● Registration examination (document screening)：Early September 2020
Please read the Study guide carefully. Doctoral course applicants or existing doctoral students who request for a mid-term review in concurrent with the entrance examination, please complete “4. Request for mid-term review for transforming into the program” in the registration application form.
Mid-term review (fall 2020)
The mid-term review in fall 2020 will be held as follows.
● Date：Thursday, September 17, 2020
● Review method：Online
● An oral presentation(10 minutes) and an interview (10 minutes) will be conducted for the following:
１．Master’s thesis overview (Doctoral students should include current research.)
２．Future research plans (including contribution to super smart society)
３．List of research achievements
※ A peer review will be conducted by students who have already passed the mid-term review.
・Reviewer will attend the examination and review the presentations.
・Student’s review is for reference and will not affect the result of the examination.
※ Details will be announced directly from the office of Tokyo Tech Academy for Super Smart Society
Briefing session for the enrollment in WISE-SSS program/3rd Orientation
The registration application period for the enrollment in fall 2020 is scheduled in late August 2020. Prior to that, we will hold an orientation (briefing session for the enrollment).
- Date：May 13, 2020 at 17:15-18:45 Online event
- Subjected audience: Tokyo Tech Students
- Details：Click here.
＊Participation in the orientation is optional. It is not a requirement to register for WISE-SSS program.
Important notice: Mid-term review
- Date: March 23, 2020, Monday at 13:30-
- Venue: Room
E304208, West Bldg. 8
* Details will be announced directly from the office of Tokyo Tech Academy for Super Smart Society.
Important notice: Extension of the registration application period for WISE-SSS program
The registration application period has been extended until March 12, for the following students:
* Those who gave up the application due to the postponement or cancellation of the internship by reason of coronavirus;
* Those who could not make an application for reasons other than those mentioned above.
- Deadline: March 12, 2020, at 12:00
- Place of submission: Room S3-213, Ookayama campus
Note 1. There are no changes to affiliation requirements or required documents.
Note2. Students who could not take part in the internship are required to submit following documents with an application form.
- Documents showing that the internship was to be carried out by March 31, 2020
- Documents showing that the internship was canceled or postponed due to the the coronavirus
Registration guide (for the enrollment in April 2020)
Step 1: Participate in the orientation
2nd Orientation for the WISE-SSS
Date: February 5, 2020 at 17:00-18:30
Place: Lecture Theater W531, Ookayama Campus, Tokyo Institute of Technology
Details: Click here
Step 2: Participate in the interdisciplinary matching workshop
Super Smart Society Matching Workshop
（This workshop is over. This page will be updated when details for the next workshop are released.）
Date: November 8, 2019 at 13:00-20:00
Place: TokyoTech Front, Ookayama Campus, Tokyo Institute of Technology
Details: Click here
Step 3: Enroll in the cyber/physical off-campus project course
Take at least one credit from the courses related to the cyber/physical off-campus project designed by the program. (Please refer to Tables 1 and 6-1 in the Study Guide). How the internship is applied has multiple options. It can be used as either a credit from the internship subject of the student’s original course or a credit from cyber/physical off-campus subjects offered by the program, or both. If a student is unable to acquire the credit by the entrance exam date, a certificate of internship completion provided by the company where the internship is conducted may be substituted.
The acquired credit will be counted for the completion requirement of this program in the future.For information about the internship program provided by Super Smart Society Consortium, please click here (internal link).
Step 4: Create a registration application here (MS Word or PDF), attach a short essay on the research plan from the master course to the doctoral course and the relation to a super smart society. Submit it to the office of the Tokyo Tech Academy for Super Smart Society at S3-213.
Please read the Study Guide carefully. Doctoral course applicants or existing doctoral students who request for a mid-term review in concurrent with the entrance examination, please complete “4. Request for mid-term review for transforming into the program” in the registration application form. Details about the mid-term review will be provided by the office only to relevant applicants.
Deadline: February 28, 2020 at 12:00
Place of submission: Rm.S3-213