In the Industrial Revolution and the Information Revolution, advanced science and innovative engineering have transformed our society. The next revolution is the fifth revolution, the realization of a super smart society. In order to realize a super smart society, it is essential to integrate physical space technologies such as machinery, electricity, and construction with cyber space technologies, as well as to combine advanced sciences and technologies, such as quantum science. Quantum science is a discipline based on quantum mechanics that governs the smallest unit of material and energy, “quantum.” The quantum computer that realizes massively parallel computing has dramatically improved the capabilities of artificial intelligence (such as deep learning). Also, it is expected that cryptographic communication will provide secure network technology and enable automated driving with IoT using quantum sensors with ultimate sensitivity.
This educational curriculum aims to realize a super smart society based on quantum science through a degree program that integrates master and doctoral courses. The objective is to train super-skilled PhD holders with technical and professional knowledge capable of leading multiple sectors of a future super smart society.
This program cultivates five essential skills to realize a future Super Smart Society based on quantum science, in addition to teaching specialized courses where the students enroll.
- Fundamental knowledge of quantum science and artificial intelligence
- Science and technology in specialized fields related to both cyber space and physical space technologies
- High-level understanding of both quantum science and a super-smart society
- Critical-thinking skills to solve multidisciplinary social issues
- Leadership in each sector of industry, government, and academia
These skills are realized by the 13 measures:
Cultivation of specialized academic abilities & creativities
- Courses related to the basic quantum science and artificial intelligence
- Cyber/Physical specialized subjects
- Cyber/Physical cross mentor system
Cultivation of broad perspectives through social collaborations
- Courses related to super smart society creation subjects
- Super smart society creation subjects
Cultivation of critical-thinking skills to solve interdisciplinary issues
- Interdisciplinary matching workshop
- Intensive practice for interdisciplinary research planning
- Super smart social basic technology research project
- Super smart society creation research project
Cultivation of global leadership development
- Global leadership cultivation subjects
- Global forum for super smart society
- Global off-campus research project
- Overseas mentor system
For details, please check out the curriculum.
Management system of Tokyo Tech Academy for Super Smart Society
Please click here for information about the program faculty.